Dr. V. Scott Harris
Dr. Harris was born and raised in Sanford, Florida. Growing up he attended school in Sanford Florida, and enjoyed participating in several sports including Football, Basketball, and Baseball.
- University of South Florida, Bachelor Degree in Communications
- Candler School of Theology, Emory University, Masters of Divinity
- Trinity College and Seminary, Doctorate of Ministry in Conflict Management
- Ordained Deacon in the Florida Conference, 1975
- Ordained Elder in Full Connection, 1979
- Retired June 30, 2018 after 43 years of service to the Florida Conference
- Served as the Chaplain of the Maitland Police and Fire Department for 10 years
- Was named a Person of the Year by the Fort Myers News Press along with three other clergy for distinguished service in helping to organize the recovery effort on Pine Island in the aftermath of Hurricane Charlie.
- Loves music and drama. Started theater groups in his last four churches performing in multiple comedies and one man shows.
- Scott and his wife, Peggy, have a blended family of five children, sixteen grandchildren and five great grandchildren.
- Peggy, who was born in Clearwater, Florida, is a retired High School English teacher, and a former curriculum writer for the United Methodist Publishing House. She is an avid quilter, reader and musician.
- Scott and Peggy love to travel and have led multiple tours to Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey and all of Europe.
- Montverde is the third interim appointment that Scott has served since retiring in 2018.